Monday, March 23, 2009

Remix Project Review

I chose to examine Angela Hart's Remix Project. I really liked the techniques she used and the way she transformed pieces of the setting. I would hesitate to say that there are pieces of this project that didn't work. I think the alteration of this image goes to show that when the GIMP techniques are applied to already-existing images, then the alterations look most professional. For example, the alterations to the hair and railing, already-existing "structures," seem to work better than the writing. I must add here that I'm not familiar with the GIMP program, and it seems that the writing application may be a completely different type of effect than what was used on other aspects of the photo.
I really was inspired by how true to life the alterations in the hair and railing were. The hair colors were the same shade as dye would be. I was most impacted by the change in the railing and the alteration of the black iron to brown with ivy. The railing retained all of the same properties as in the original photo, and it appeared as if there was sunlight on the railing.
The most interesting effect was that which was used (or, perhaps expanded if it was a sun glitch in the photo) to create the heart. I would love to see what kind of qualities an object or a shape would take on if it were applied over top of that. (For example, a heart shaped box.)
I thought this was a very nice project. I hope that such techniques might be applied in other situations in order that they might assist in providing re-interpretations of seemingly mundane images.

No comments:

Post a Comment